Tokyo Organic Map


Organic restaurants and groceries.
Red: Not visited
Green: Visited, recommended
Blue: Visited
Dot: Detailed info available
View Larger Map

Wednesday, May 10, 2006

Easy and yet frustrating

Today, trying to cross a stream made by construction crews working on an overpass, I screwed up my derailleur throwing my bike across to the other bank. I worried, when it landed hard on the front tire, that I might have bent the fork, but that turned out all right. In fact, everything seemed in good shape other than the rear brake and gear shift--it had been twisted a half turn around the handlebar. But I got out my allen wrench and put it back in place.

Once I got back up to speed, though, my gears kept slipping, and I spent the next 16 miles yelling and screaming at the damn things.

I had the most energy I think I can remember, maybe due to the rice omelette I ate before heading out; or it may have been adreniline from anger at the derailleur. In any case, I barely felt twenty miles, though I was starting and stopping due to the damn skipping gears.

I followed the Around Lawrence in 20 miles route.

No comments: