Tokyo Organic Map


Organic restaurants and groceries.
Red: Not visited
Green: Visited, recommended
Blue: Visited
Dot: Detailed info available
View Larger Map

Wednesday, May 23, 2007

Shopping

Took a trip down to Y's Classic in Okachimachi to pick up some new handlebar ends for the bike. I bought some ends the other day, but they hurt my hands, so I decided to drop 6000 for a new bar ends/handlebar grips set. At the same time, I decided to trust myself and buy some fenders as well. A rather impatient clerk at Y's once told me that it was impossible to add fenders to my bike because it has fat tires. I knew he wasn't really thinking about it and just wanted to get rid of me, but the fenders cost 4000 and if they didn't work, I was screwed. But, of course, he was wrong, and the fenders did fit, though with only a small margin. I have to keep my eyes on them, because if a piece of the fender starts to rub against the tire, I could be in big trouble.

~24 km
Pretty good, didn't bottom out. I ate a couple of onigiri and a corn dog ("American dog"), and that kept me going. I was able to keep up a 24km/hr pace when I had room, but had to stop a lot because of the many intersections.




No comments: